Welcome to PE!
- I hope you are all excited about being a part of Bradley West PE. I wanted to take this opportunity to give a brief introduction to the PE program at Bradley West.
The goal of Badley West PE is to inspire and provide students with the recourses required to develop healthy and active lifestyles. The ideal result is for students to continue making healthy life choices well into adulthood. With this in mind, the focuses of our program include:
- Movement skills
- Physical Fitness
- Team Building
- Health Promotion and Prevention
- Human body systems (muscular system/skeletal system)
- Communication and decision Making
The plan is to expose students to a variety of new activities and experiences that will not only help to keep them engaged in class but also motivate them to stay active outside school.
Things to Remember:
Participation- Always try your best
- All students have different strengths. Athletic ability is good but in PE we put more emphasis on trying new things, working hard and participating to the best of a student's ability.
Be Prepared – Wear proper PE clothes and shoes
- Proper PE shoes are important, please make sure students wear shoes that will allow them to be active without causing injury
- Students will not be allowed to participate while wearing the following footwear.
- Open-toed shoes
- other shoes not that do not insure safe activity
Degrees and Certifications:
My name is Brandon Eylander. I started teaching in 2013 after graduating from Olivet Nazarene University with a degree in Physical Education. In that time, I have taught a variety of PE related content including adaptive PE, health and general ed PE. I also began coaching soccer in 2013 and have been coaching since.
In my free time I enjoy playing and watching soccer, spending time with friends and family and doing outdoor activities.