Instruction & Assessment at BESD #61
The Office of Curriculum and Instruction serves the needs of the parents and professional staff of District 61. The department oversees the creation and implementation of curriculum in all content areas for the Kindergarten through eighth grades and supports the assessment of student learning, locally and on state level assessments.
- Curriculum alignment to Common Core State Standards (CCSS) and ISBE State Standards as a continuum
- Balanced Assessments
- Professional Development Opportunties that align to Rising Star District and School Improvement Plans
- Title I & II allocations
- Reading Behavior Response to Intervention (RtI) programs/ Multi-Tiered System of Support (MTSS)
- Behavior Response to Intervention (BRtI) school programs
- Manage teacher created units and assessments
- Data Analysis & Differentiated Instruction
- Increase Parent Communication
- Consistency across the district with clear, open dialog with stakeholders including students
- Professinal Learning Communities
BrainPop is a group of educational websites with over 1,000 short animated movies for students in grades K-12, together with quizzes, supplemental information and related materials, covering the subjects of science, social studies, English, mathematics, engineering and technology, health, and arts and music.
Bradley West Parents- user name: bradleywest password: west
Bradley Central Parents- user name: bradleycentral password: central